[mythtv-users] irexec won't autostart

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Aug 28 05:27:25 UTC 2016

Everything was going great on my mythbuntu 16.04 box apart from the X
server getting lost when the TV was switched off & on again.

I added the udev file to hotplug hdmi & reset things with xrandr and
solved that problem.

I shouldn't think it is related but since then irexec won't autostart -
this means that although I have control via mceusb of mythfrontend itself,
the extra stuff looking after my theatre amp now fails. The sending is OK
but the receiving (which should happen in parallel with myth) of course
doesn't happen so I never see the extra keys :(

If I could find out where in the lirc startup that irexec should be fired
up (I thought it used to be due to finding a config file for irexec) then
I could probably follow it though but I can't even find the lirc.service
file!! I have a valid /etc/lirc/lircrc file

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks