[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu change from MySQL to MariaDB?

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Wed Aug 24 21:16:22 UTC 2016

On 08/24/2016 04:59 PM, nospam312 wrote:

> On 22 August 2016 at 12:08, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at outlook.com
> <mailto:jfabernathy at outlook.com>> wrote:
>

>     http://www.mythbuntu.org/downloads
>     <http://www.mythbuntu.org/downloads>
>

> Thanks for your replies but I do not know if you are trying to wind me
> up or not.
>
> I can see no reference to a MariaDB version on that page just the
> standard Mythbuntu download?
>
> Can you help with a specific download for the ISO with MariaDB used
> instead of MySQL?
>
> To get a clean install would be worth the effort instead a more than
> perfect removal of MySQL and then install of MariaDB.

I'm not smart enough to know MySQL from MariaDB.  I just downloaded
mythbuntu from the download site, burn it to a CDROM or USB key and
install it.  The database always takes care of itself.  I only rebuild
when I have all my recordings archived to a NAS and my database is
basically empty.  I rebuild it before the fall TV season starts.  So now
I'm committed to Mythbuntu 14.04.4 until next year because of issues I'm
having with 16.04.  I can get 16.04 working except for 2 issues that are
not DB related.  Just related to my TV and A/V receiver.  There is also
a bug with mythtranscode that has not been fixed so I'm staying on
mythtv 0.27

So even though I've tested a lot on 0.28, and 16.04, I still have no
idea why you are worried about MySQL vs. MariaDB.  I still use mysql
commands on 16.04.  So I'm unaware of any changes in that area.

I have to mottoes to live by.
1.  if it ain't broke don't fix it and
2.  You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Jim A