[mythtv-users] Howto enable HAVE_DVDCSS_DVDCSS_H in debian build

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 23 21:01:47 UTC 2016

On 08/22/2016 07:13 PM, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I'm usually pretty good at hacking makefiles etc but this one has me stumped!
>
> How do I pass a config option in a debian build? I'd like to avoid having
> to re-encode all my DVD iso images to allow use with a storage group.
>
> Comments indicate HAVE_DVDCSS_DVDCSS_H comes from config.h but I see
> nothing generating it in configure.
>
> Please - no suggestions about downloading a package, debian doesn't have
> one for 0.28 under Jessie, I HAVE to build it!!

FWIW, you shouldn't ever have to do any config.h or makefile or
configure or ... hacking in MythTV (and if you do, what you get is
likely broken in some way).  If you have everything that's needed when
you build, it will just work.

MythTV doesn't have any configuration for libdvdcss because MythTV
doesn't use libdvdcss.  Instead, MythTV uses libdvdnav/libdvdread. The
way the upstream developers of libdvdread created the package is such
that if libdvdcss is available, it will use it.  So, if you want to use
it in a build you're compiling just make sure you have it and all the
development headers required and everything should work fine.

If you need help figuring out what's missing on your system, check out
the deb packaging repository for MythTV:
https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/tree/master/deb

Mike