[mythtv-users] Centos 7 and mythtv

James Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Sat Aug 20 02:46:02 UTC 2016

Since I’m not getting anything figured out on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS as far as a stable display on my monitor/TV, I’m testing other long-term solutions for my Mythtv system.

I installed Centos 7 today and got mythtv 0.27.4(v0.27-e4f65c8) working and the system and TV display are very stable.  This solution is good until 2020 for full updates and 2024 for limited updates.

So my question is what about 0.28?  Is that going to be supported on Centos 7?

I installed using the mythtv instructions for RHEL/Centos and then used the Mythtv Fedora instructions for configuration.  It’s a little more work than Mythbuntu, but I figured it out.  There was no mention of 0.28 in any of that information.

Jim A