[mythtv-users] Ever since upgrading to Fedora 24 the load is higher

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Aug 11 19:12:49 UTC 2016

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 04:08:03 PM Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Ever since I upgraded the mythtv box to Fedora 24 the load is higher.
> This 2 core machine shows:
> load average: 3,74, 3,63, 3,54
> The CPU is 90% idle though.
> Previously this was different, the load was lower.
> What has changed?
> I upgraded the git mythtv and compiled this.
> We're at 0.27.6.
>
> How to find the culprit for the load?

'top' from a command line, and watch for a while. You may have other daemons running that you didn't before, and sometimes daemons that you disabled before are re-enabled.

    root: systemctl -t service

will tell you which daemons you have and their state.

    root: systemctl stop daemon && systemctl disable daemon

will disable them for good. But, you have to know which ones to disable, and that takes practice.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca