[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 14.04 or 16.04?

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Thu Aug 11 12:37:33 UTC 2016

I know that Ubuntu 14.04.5 will be supported until 2019 and mythtv 0.28 works on it fine. Should I stick with it???

Why I'm asking:

I cannot get any version of 16.04.1 to properly display on any HDTV in my house or through a A/V receiver on any computer.  The screen goes blank for 5-10 seconds depending on what is on the screen.  There is also video noise; random blank horizontal lines scattered on the display.

I don't have any issues with the same hardware on any version of Ubuntu 14.04.

Since I need a mythtv frontend/backend and not just a backend, I can't use 16.04 until this issue is fixed.  I've tried posting the graphic issue on the Ubuntu forum with no luck yet.

So am I safe to continue on 14.04.5??

Jim A