[mythtv-users] External Recorder won't change channels

Marc Rawji mrawji at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 16:45:04 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 10:25 PM, Marc Rawji <mrawji at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to write an "external recorder". I think I have the code
> working, for at least one channel.
>
> I can start on one channel, but I don't seem to be able to change channels:
> For every channel, I recreate a new MPEG-TS using ffmpeg. I am using the
> same stream_id for all the channels, since each TS only has a single
> program in it. Would that be causing the error?
>

> Thanks!
> Marc

So, I have my setup partially working. I have an external recorder that
(currently) has 2 channels. I can record each channel independently and I
get good recordings. Pausing LiveTV works too.

I still can't change channels though.I get this error in the backend
Stream handler died unexpectedly
Which, I think comes from here:
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/4d24d54ef43164f1325fcbe914450b7dea37e28f/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/recorders/ExternalRecorder.cpp#L105

For what it's worth, if I interact with my ExternalRecorder from the
command line, I can TuneChannel and the resulting output seems to work just
fine.

Any pointers are hugely appreciated!

Thanks,
Marc