[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi Improvements

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Aug 9 16:35:55 UTC 2016

> > There was an email on the dev list that seems to describe my issue,
> > but it was focused on passthrough?
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/601746.  I am using
> > HDMI for audio, but thats not really passthrough is it?
> >
> If you select HDMI audio, make sure to deselect the checkboxes for Dolby
> digital, DTS, etc. If you turn those on it will do passthrough and that
> gives the problems you describe. I am working on the solution for
> passthrough.

I wish it were so easy... I do not have any of those options checked.  If I
do check them I just get noise.

Nothing I do eliminate the stutter.

I wonder if, because I used  Raspbian Lite, I am missing some package or
configuration needed.  For example, perhaps realtime threads aren't
actually working or something?

Again, I would love for the package maintainer to test this on a Raspbian
Lite base build and resolve dependencies in the package.  I don't get any
errors on running it, but since no one else is complaining, I have to
suspect that its unique to my environment, and I haven't seen anyone else
using Raspbian Lite.

I suppose I can rebuild and test on a full Raspbian... it just seems like a
waste of space when all I needed to add to Lite was a few media libraries
and a base install of Xserver (no WM, graphical login, etc).  It works
great except for this sound issue.