[mythtv-users] MPEG2-TS (slightly OT)

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Aug 9 12:15:53 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-08-08 at 15:05 -0400, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> If you
> could
> actually find a ClearQAM channel

Which is your first hurdle, with all of the jack-ass-ery that is going
on in the cable industry now.  Everyone has to have their IP protected
and sold a gazillion times for a gazillion dollars, each time.  Nobody
wants to actually work any more.  Everyone wants to be able to sit back
and live off of royalties and residuals.

I can't wait until this whole IP economy crumbles under it's own weight
and we get back to being actually productive at something useful
again.

Not that I am holding my breath that that happens in my lifetime.

>  with H.264 then the TV tuner would work
> just fine.

Cheers,
b.