[mythtv-users] config.xml problem? [SOLVED]

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Aug 8 02:19:16 UTC 2016

>> You might want to reference the assistance I was given in mid-July in
>> the thread "MythVE1 Backend Failed"
>

> That should be "MythBE1 Backend Failed"  -- with a "B', not a "V".

As hinted a couple of days ago, I was comparing the config.xml file from
my new Mythbuntu 16.04 with my old 14.04 and finding no difference
although the old system worked OK. It turned out that the old system had a
config.xml file in its home directory whereas the new system has a
symbolic link to /etc/mythtv (best practice!!). Having discovered what was
going on that one is now sorted.

The other problem I had was installing 0.28 on a stable Jessie Debian -
that required the deb-multimedia entry to be removed from the apt
sources.list file and then the system installed OK from a local
repository.

--
Robin Gilks