[mythtv-users] possible bug in 0.28 mythtranscode

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Fri Aug 5 23:21:40 UTC 2016

On 08/05/2016 06:48 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
>> In version 0.28 mythtranscode will create 'new-output-file.mpg' but it
>> deletes the original and now mythfrontend can't find it and gets an
>> error.
>> If I do not use the -o option it behaves correctly and mythfrontend
>> finds the same program and plays it but the cutlist has been applied
>> and deleted.
>> BTW, using the extension .ts instead of .mpg doesn't change the
>> behavior.
>> I see nothing in the 0.28 information that says the intent of
>> mythtranscode changed from 0.27 to 0.28.
>> Not sure of the rules here, but I've attached the console log to this
>> email.

> This occurs in 0.27 as well and has for quite a while (9months? Maybe longer?). I recall seeing a few posts about it at the time. I use fifo mode and it deletes the file (at least last time i checked).
>
> Found these posts probably relate:
> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2016-February/075333.html

This is very puzzling.  Until I upgraded to 0.28 I used the script
sendTVtonas.sh successfully.  It now will not work because the
mythtranscode with the -o  option in the script deletes the original
file.  The script is located at
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1261

In 0.27 I could still play the original program.  This I know because I
just used the mythtv job function to edit the cutlist and run the job
sendTVtonas 150 times to compress and archive commercial free 6 seasons
of Hogan's Heroes.

Jim A