[mythtv-users] possible bug in 0.28 mythtranscode

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 5 22:48:48 UTC 2016

>In version 0.28 mythtranscode will create 'new-output-file.mpg' but it
>deletes the original and now mythfrontend can't find it and gets an
>error.
>If I do not use the -o option it behaves correctly and mythfrontend
>finds the same program and plays it but the cutlist has been applied
>and deleted.
>BTW, using the extension .ts instead of .mpg doesn't change the
>behavior.
>I see nothing in the 0.28 information that says the intent of
>mythtranscode changed from 0.27 to 0.28.
>Not sure of the rules here, but I've attached the console log to this
>email.

This occurs in 0.27 as well and has for quite a while (9months? Maybe longer?). I recall seeing a few posts about it at the time. I use fifo mode and it deletes the file (at least last time i checked).

Found these posts probably relate:
http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2016-February/075333.html