[mythtv-users] possible bug in 0.28 mythtranscode

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Fri Aug 5 15:47:55 UTC 2016

I posted this in mythv forum, but not sure if that was the place for it.  In 0.27 I used the following procedure to process some OTA TV recordings I wanted to save on a NAS:
1. using mythfrontend, I'd edit the recording using the detected commercial list and fix any issues and save the edited list to the cutlist.2. I'd run the command:
mythtranscode --chanid 1111 --starttime 20160805000000 --mpeg2 --honorcutlist -o new-output-file.mpg
3. use handbrake to convert the .mpg file and put if on my NAS
Using this method I still had the original file within Mythtv.
In version 0.28 mythtranscode will create 'new-output-file.mpg' but it deletes the original and now mythfrontend can't find it and gets an error.
If I do not use the -o option it behaves correctly and mythfrontend finds the same program and plays it but the cutlist has been applied and deleted.
BTW, using the extension .ts instead of .mpg doesn't change the behavior.
I see nothing in the 0.28 information that says the intent of mythtranscode changed from 0.27 to 0.28.
Not sure of the rules here, but I've attached the console log to this email.