[mythtv-users] What are my options for getting TV shows after leaving comcast?

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Tue Aug 2 06:19:54 UTC 2016

Howdy,

After 10+ years of happy times with mythtv, it may be time to retire my
setup.
I just got tired of paying comcast so much money for so few channels I
was watching and 10 things I was recording at most, and got tired of
ever changing channel numbers so I would miss sometimes entire seasons
of programs.

I know I could go back to OTA HD antenna, but that won't bring me some
of the shows that are cable only.

What are my options for getting/watching the shows below as simply as
possible, and preferably without stupid unskippable ads, some of which
are the same 3 ads over and over again:

Broadcast channels:
60 minutes
SNL
Simpsons

Cable:
Nova
the daily show
south park
better call saul

Actually, I'm even interested in something that would tell me that there
is a new version of that show that has aired, and that I should go get
it/watch it somehow.
For instance I missed the entire last season of mythbusters before I
found out it was airing and that for yet another reason, my mythtv
wasn't able to record it anymore.

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....