[mythtv-users] Problem with duplicate checking - new episode will not record

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Aug 1 10:21:25 UTC 2016

On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 19:45:25 +1000, you wrote:

>Also check in oldrecorded also for any duplicates, it may differ to what is
>in recorded.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Anthony

Thank you - that was it.  It looks like my mother recorded, watched
and deleted episode 2 last year.  She probably did a record once
recording rule for that episode by mistake instead of a record all, as
she does that occasionally.  So this year, now the series is being
repeated, and she has managed to make a record all rule.  But episode
2 is in oldrecorded, so it will not record it again.

I thought this was a new series, so I when I searched the list of
previous recordings, I stopped at the first one (episode 1 this year)
and did not search for anything older.  Using SQL to search
oldrecorded showed the older recording immediately.