[mythtv-users] Upgrading Debian Jessie Mythtv from 0.27 to 0.28

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Aug 1 08:26:52 UTC 2016

So I've followed the instructions at
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_on_Debian
and it has built all the packages very nicely. However, the instructions
on actually installing all the deb files is totally lacking.

I suppose I could just wildly use "dpkg -i" on all the files except that
some are duplicates depending on the type of install and there is no
indication on whether i have to manually un-install 0.27 first.

I tried copying them all the "/var/cache/apt/archive" and running
"dpkg -i mythtv_0.28.0+fixes.20160728.e5ce273-0ubuntu3_all.deb"
which is (apparently) the top level file,  followed by
"apt-get -f install"
but none of the dependencies were installed (it didn't even look for them!!)

Has anyone done this and managed to use standard command line (or even
gui!) stuff to do an upgrade that is not coming from a 'net located
repository?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks