[mythtv-users] 0.28 mythfrontends just keep backing up DB and do not start

Tim K clueo8 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 18:48:46 UTC 2016

On 04/29/2016 12:15 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> That window is asking for permission to upgrade the database.  So,
> mythfrontend isn't shutting down or being killed--it's just waiting
> for you to answer the question in the window.  Until you do so, it
> will wait at the prompt.  I'm guessing that if you can't actually get
> to the window, it's some GUI/window manager/... bug or misconfiguration.
>
> Mike
I've seen that window's contents once; it was when I upgraded one of my
FEs to 0.28 before I updated my BE to 0.28, saying the DB was using an
old schema (which I would expect to see).  After I updated my BE to
0.28, I started having this issue where that screen does not display
upon opening on either of my separate mythfrontends (separate hosts).  I
would expect the BE to do all the DB updates when I run the initial
mythtv-setup... But it appears that some additional DB upgrades are
taking place (i.e. MythMusicDB via running mythfrontend on a different
host).  Possibly I can try running my mythfrontend which I have
installed on the backend (localhost) and see if that gets me past these
DB updates?

Tim