[mythtv-users] No progress bar in mythlcdserver since 0.28

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Apr 28 22:20:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-04-28 at 12:44 -0700, Jay Foster wrote:
> On 4/28/2016 11:59 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
> >
> > Zitat von Jay Foster <jayf0ster at roadrunner.com>:

> >> I have observed the reverse issue on 0.27.4 and other oddness with
> >> 0.27.6.  My solution was to restart LCDd after the front end was
> >> running.  I think there is startup order problems between the
> >> backend, mythlcdserver, frontend, and LCD proc (LCDd) and these have
> >> just been shuffled a bit between the different releases.
> >
> > Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my error descriptions. It's *only* the
> > progress bar that's missing. I have 2-line LCD display, and the first
> > line works just fine. And the progressbar on the second line also
> > works on other screens.
> > If there is some issue with the starting order of the services, I
> > would expect that there was no lcd display at all. Is this what you
> > experienced?
> >
> No.  I experienced while watching a recording, the progress bar worked,
> but while recording (and not watching) there was no progress bar.  The
> frontend navigation prompts displayed normally.  This bugged me because
> there was no indication on the LCD screen when a recording was
> happening, and I would think, "oh no, something has gone wrong, it is
> not recording my program(s)".
>
> Jay

The information displayed on LCD is user selectable.

What is different with 0.28 is that mythlcdserver does not start until
the FE is started. BE recording info (& date time) are not displayed
until the FE is launched.
You can exit the FE & mythlcdserver still remains working fine (with BE
info).

My experience with 0.28 is that the BE info is same as previous.
I never have had playback position enabled (is that possible?), that
seems pointless as there is a real display avail then.

The greatest improvement (I found) with LCDProc was using upstart. The
old init script method failed to blank display 50% of the time on
shutdown. Upstart has been faultless.