[mythtv-users] Can't download Artwork

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Apr 27 22:13:40 UTC 2016

On 27/04/16 20:49, Damian wrote:
> On 27/04/2016 15:39, Damian wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> OK, so I've got things set up on the backend. Just using the frontend on the same backend/server
>> machine at the moment. I'll get the other frontends set up once it's all working.
>>
>> If I go into videos, and download meta data for a video, it's getting the data, but not the
>> artwork. It's giving me the error:
>>
>> Failed to retrieve image(s)
>> MythVideo
>> See logs
>>
>> I've got Storage Group directories set up for Cover Art, Fan Art, Screenshots and Banners, and as
>> far as I can tell, the permissions are all set up fine.
>>
>> What can be causing this?
>>
>> And how do I look at whatever log it wants me to look at?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Damian
>>
> Update,
>
> I just triple checked the spellings of all of the entries in the Storage Groups section in the
> backend setup. They all seem fine.
>
> And MythTV seems to be able to write to the storage settings that a set up, because I gave them all
> the same ownership and permissions, and watching live tv is working fine.
>
> Any ideas what's going on?
>
> Do the cover art, fan art and banner storage groups need to be different in some way?

The error said "failed to retrieve images", so it has nothing at all to do with your storage groups.
Most likely the program name is somehow wrong or may apply to more than one program - but there can
be other reasons, of course, like a bad script.

Like the message says, you need to look at the logs for the processes which go and fetch the images.
The location of those will depend on how your logging is configured.

--

Mike Perkins