[mythtv-users] MythTV without dbus?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 13:49:57 UTC 2016

I'm running MythTV 0.27.6 under Gentoo. The Gentoo ebuild has always
required QtDBus (dev-qt/qtdbus). As a result I've always ended up with
dbus installed, however I've never even started the dbus service.

What actually got me looking at this was the fact that I recently
tried removing the udisks requirement (recently added to the Gentoo
ebuild when DVD support was in use), and found that DVD playback
worked perfectly fine. I think that's also related to dbus in that (I
think) it only affects use of the UDisks DBus service(?) that I don't
use.

Looking at the configure script, it appears to check for QtDBus
support but doesn't in fact mandate it. Is QtDBus a hard requirement
for MythTV?

Thanks!
Tom