[mythtv-users] ansible error

Rick rick at laity.ca
Mon Apr 25 12:41:40 UTC 2016

On 4/25/2016 8:01 AM, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 25/04/16 02:58, Rick wrote:

>>> If you are in the directory into which you cloned the ansible
>>> repository, qt5.yml should be one of the files. Are you running from
>>> that directory? Do you see the qt5.yml file?
>>>
>>> Note you will have to run ansible from sudo or root.
>>>
>>> Peter
>>
>> In order for this to work you also have to install python2 until ansible
>> fixes it to use python3 on F23.
>>
>> I also hade to make the following changes in main.yml to get it to work
>> for Fedora.
>>
>> - name: install mythtv essential perl modules
>>   dnf:  name={{ item }} state=installed
>>   with_items:
>>    # - perl\(ExtUtils::MakeMaker\)
>>      - perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker
>>    # - perl\(DBI\)
>>      - perl-DBI
>>    # - perl\(DBD::mysql\)
>>      - perl-DBD-mysql
>>    # - perl\(HTTP::Request\)
>>    #  - perl-HTTP-Request COULDN'T FIND
>>    # - perl\(LWP::UserAgent\)
>>    #  - perl-LWP-UserAgent COULDN'T FIND
>>    # - perl\(IO::Socket::INET6\)
>>      - perl-IO-Socket-INET6
>>    # - perl\(Date::Manip\)
>>      - perl-Date-Manip
>>    # - perl\(XML::Simple\)
>>      - perl-XML-Simple
>>    # - perl\(XML::XPath\)
>>      - perl-XML-XPath
>>    # - perl\(DateTime::Format::ISO8601\)
>>      - perl-DateTime-Format-ISO8601
>>    # - perl\(SOAP::Lite\)
>>      - perl-SOAP-Lite
>>    # - perl\(JSON\)
>>      - perl-JSON
>>
>> - name: install mythtv essential perl modules - Fedora only
>>   dnf:  name={{ item }} state=installed
>>   when: ansible_distribution == "Fedora"
>>   with_items:
>> # not found on centos7
>>    # - perl\(Image::Size\)
>>      - perl-Image-Size
>>    # - perl\(Net::UPnP::QueryResponse\)
>>    #  - perl-Net-UPnP-QueryResponse COULDN'T FIND
>>    # - perl\(Net::UPnP::ControlPoint\)
>>    #  - perl-Net-UPnP-ControlPoint COULDN'T FIND
>>
>> rick
>>

> You shouldn't have needed to do this.
> The dnf role should just install the required bits
> without this.
>
> Was this a clean f23 build?
>
> What did you install prior to running the ansible playbook?
>
> Which main.yml did you have to change? (a git diff will suffice)
>

> Regards
> Stuart

It is a clean install of f23.  I used the main.yml in
/ansible/roles/mythtv-dnf/tasks.  Also I had to install the python2
stuff from this page
https://fedoramagazine.org/getting-ansible-working-fedora-23/ I just
installed the files python2 python2-dnf libselinux-python instead of the
methods shown.  Perhaps this is what is wrong.

rick