[mythtv-users] Unable to See Recordings in Storage Group After Upgrade to 0.28.

lists at wilkesley.net lists at wilkesley.net
Sat Apr 23 10:36:03 UTC 2016

On 2016-04-17 19:45, HP-mini wrote:
> On Sun, 2016-04-17 at 06:41 +0100, lists at wilkesley.net wrote:

>> > <snip>
>> >
>> > The /media/md1 folders are mount-points right?
>> > Auto mounting (media?) or from/via /etc/fstab ?
>> > (the normal location is /mnt/)
>> >
>> > ls -al /media/md1
>> >

>> mythtv ~ » ls -la /media/md1
>> total 356
>> drwxr-xr-x  9 root   root    4096 Mar 11  2014 .
>> drwxr-xr-x  4 root   root    4096 Aug 13  2013 ..
>> drwxr-xr-x  5 ian    users   4096 Apr 17 00:00 backups
>> drwxr-xr-x  2 ian    users 192512 Apr 17 06:00 links
>> drwx------  2 root   root   16384 Aug 12  2013 lost+found
>> drwxr-xr-x  3 mythtv users   4096 Aug 13  2013 mythtv
>> drwxrwxr-x  8 mythtv users   4096 May 25  2013 pda
>> drwxrwxr-x 19 mythtv users  73728 Apr 15 10:01 radio
>> drwxr-xr-x  2 mythtv users  61440 Apr 16 18:02 RAID500
>>
>> Yes, they are mounted in fstab. Nothing in the file structure or
>> permissions has changed from what works in 0.27.
>>
>> I can see the recordings listed in the database, they are just not
>> listed in the frontend. Ye's I have triple checked that I have no
>> filters set on the recordings list:)
>
> What "user" does the FE run, "ian" or "mythtv"?
> There are at least 3 possible locations to check for config.xml
> contents.

It's running as ian.

Spent another couple of hours trying to sort this out this morning. To
recap:

I am upgrading 0.27 to 0.28 by simply upgrading the Arch package.
Nothing in respect of file permissions, mount points, users had changed
from what works fine in 0.27.

I did a database optimize/repair before I upgraded.

I have two directories set in the Default Storage group:
/media/md1/mythtv/recordings
/media/md1/RAID500

By selectively removing one of these and restarting the backend, it
seems that Myth finds *some* recordings in both locations. Recordings
from the location I removed are shown in Blue (unavailable) in the List
Recording screen.

No recent recordings are listed. However, if I press Menu in the
recordings list and look at "Show All" (not in front of a Mythbox at the
moment, so terminology may not be completely accurate) it says that
there are 1536 items in that group, which is about right. However, in
the list of programs only some older recordings are shown.

If I choose to filter by another group e.g. Soaps the total number of
programs in the group selector looks correct, but when I apply the
filter by Soaps no programs are shown in the list.

My Time zone table is set up correctly.

If I nuke the database and restore my backup then downgrade to 0.27
everything works as expected.

I can't find any errors in the logs relating to upgrading the database
from 0.27 to 0.28.