[mythtv-users] I upgraded wrong

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 07:09:43 UTC 2016

On 23/04/16 06:34, Barry Roberts wrote:
> I had been having X issues with my myth pc.  Something to do with
> switching between the OSS and proprietary radeon driver, but I don't
> remember the details, so I had just been using it as a backend for
> over a year.
>
> A couple of days ago , I used mythconverg_backup.pl to back up my
> database, then reformatted my boot/os ssd and installed mythbuntu
> 16.04 clean.  After I used mythconverg_restore.pl to restore my
> database and re-added the symlink at /var/lib/mythtv to my external
> drive, most things seem to be working.  The frontend will list
> recordings and playthem.  The internal web app server (on port 6544)
> seems to mostly work, but doesn't show any thumbnails.  That's minor.
> mythweb, won't list recorded programs.  That's major.
>
> The error says: !NoTrans: SQL Error: Expression #2 of SELECT list is
> not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column
> 'mythconverg.recordedmarkup.data' which is not functionally dependent
> on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with
> sql_mode=only_full_group_by [#1055]!!
>
> I had been running .28 betas for a long time, and had updated at least
> once since it was released.  But I'm sure I did something wrong.
>
> Any ideas what my mistakes are?
>
> Thanks,
> Barry Roberts

Not sure you have made a mistake.

There was a late change in Ubuntu 16.04 to mysql (bump to 5.7) which has
caused a few issues. I have a test mythtv-backend 0.28 which is giving
the same issues as you are seeing with mythweb.

I have just applied a fix (this may be temporary) given in post 25 of
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2319897&page=3

and mythweb is now displaying correctly, after rebooting the backend
server.

Note that this problem has been reported:
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12713

Mike