[mythtv-users] I upgraded wrong

Barry Roberts manithree at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 05:34:40 UTC 2016

I had been having X issues with my myth pc.  Something to do with
switching between the OSS and proprietary radeon driver, but I don't
remember the details, so I had just been using it as a backend for
over a year.

A couple of days ago , I used mythconverg_backup.pl to back up my
database, then reformatted my boot/os ssd and installed mythbuntu
16.04 clean.  After I used mythconverg_restore.pl to restore my
database and re-added the symlink at /var/lib/mythtv to my external
drive, most things seem to be working.  The frontend will list
recordings and playthem.  The internal web app server (on port 6544)
seems to mostly work, but doesn't show any thumbnails.  That's minor.
mythweb, won't list recorded programs.  That's major.

The error says: !NoTrans: SQL Error: Expression #2 of SELECT list is
not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column
'mythconverg.recordedmarkup.data' which is not functionally dependent
on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with
sql_mode=only_full_group_by [#1055]!!

I had been running .28 betas for a long time, and had updated at least
once since it was released.  But I'm sure I did something wrong.

Any ideas what my mistakes are?

Thanks,
Barry Roberts