[mythtv-users] HVR-2250 Tuner Not Available

Barry Martin Barry_Martin_3 at Q.COM
Fri Apr 22 22:26:58 UTC 2016

Anyone:
Dumb question: how do I post a reply??  I know if you're seeing this it
got uploaded, but I have tried various options to e-mail and they all
get rejected.  By the Mail Daemon reply I'm not sure if the address is
wrong or if the site isn't responding or....

Trying something a little different: previous tries (and rare successes)
were using my Q.COM account (Qwest, now CenturyLink).  This one is using
my MSN.COM account (same initial outbound path).  BCC's of 'rejected'
posts do come back without a problem.  April 21, 5:47 p.m. -- here goes
nuttin'!   ... And it was a"nuttin'" Apparently the Microsoft account
isn't configured properly for outgoing mail, so I tried my GMail account
-- that went out! ...And then got a rejection because the GMail account
isn't registered to the MythTV site. :(

Hi Curtis!

> I now see that your HVR1600 is on the backend, and the HVR2250 is on
the frontend.
> For the HVR2250 to work, I think you either need to move it to your
current backend,
> or else configure a slave backend.

OK, thanks!  No idea how I did that but making more sense as to what the
error messages
are trying to tell me.  The HVR-1600 and HVR-2250 cards are physically
in the same
computer, in slots right next to each other, so to the human looks right
but obviously I
somehow got the computer thinking otherwise!

Did configure the second have of the HVR-2250 yesterday -- same error
(not surprised).
Will see if I can figure out how to 'move' the HVR-2250 to where it
belongs.  Thanks again!

... Looking around trying to figure out what' s going on.  So far with
"dmesg | grep -i frontend"
I do see something a little suspicious:

    12 seconds:    registers adapter 0,0   ==> the HVR-1600 card
    24 seconds:    init: apport-noui
(/var/crash/_usr_bin_mythfrontend.real.1000.crash) main process (778)
terminated with status 1
    25 seconds:    registers adatper 1,0 and 2,0 == the HVR-2250 card.

My interpretation of that is backwards of what seems to be happening but
I haven't looked
at the what the message at the 24 second mark might mean yet.

Barry