[mythtv-users] Disk Space / not-deleting-recordings

William Jacoby bonelifer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 21:58:26 UTC 2016

On 4/22/2016 10:57 AM, Blammo wrote:
> .... "How do I delete 'deleted' recordings to free up disk space?"

I found this script some time ago and can't find where now. Possibly on
the list. It will flush all recordings in the "Deleted" group. Remember,
everything in the "Deleted" group will be deleted.  It only has two
command line arguments, --help and --force. Help just displays some
useful information about the force argument, which can be used to delete
metadata from the DB, even if the video file doesn't exist.  If ran
without a command line argument, it will just do it's business of
deleting the files.

I've put it up on github as a gist:
https://gist.github.com/bonelifer/91dde5780f99590adcbdf00e45251263