[mythtv-users] Disk Space / not-deleting-recordings

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 16:16:07 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Blammo <blammo.doh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I, like others, share disk between MythTV and other functions

Not always a good idea.  When "something else" fills up the
disk space, MythTV can end up deleting recordings to insure
that its free space requirements are met.

You would not be the first (and would not be the last) to find
that using shared storage will end up deleting all your recordings
when you least expect it due to runaway processes.

> in my case, it's ZFS storage on a Proxmox cluster.

And fortunately for you, ZFS has a very strong quota system.
Set the quota (and possibly the reservation) for your MythTV
filesystem (and other filesystems) to be whatever size you like.
There is much to like about ZFS's capabilities.  One should
definitely use those capabilities.