[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 3 Mythfrontend

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 22 15:04:58 UTC 2016

On 04/22/2016 08:47 AM, airdrummer wrote:
> yes, i did set the gui size, and it did correct the shifted video, but
> it undid the overscan settings in /boot/config.txt (needed so the
> desktop fits onscreen) making the gui too big & unusable:-\
Yes - I also have all of the overscan settings in /boot/config.txt
commented, and I have an old TV with overscan. I adjust it only with the
settings in Setup->Appearance. But adjusting the size and offsets I get
it to correctly fit the screen. Of course, other things do not show well
like the text display during boot, but since I only use the TV for
viewing MythTV that is acceptable.

Note:  Since it is a digital TV you can probably disable the overscan in
the TV itself.

Peter