[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 16.04 - In a mess with Nividia

Marius Schrecker marius.schrecker at lyse.net
Fri Apr 22 07:33:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

 I upgraded mythbuntu yesterday evening by apdating all my repo's to xenial and doing a full d-u.  Migrated to mythtv 0.28-fixes

Upgrade was successful with no errors reported.

I have a geforce 610 video adapter.

Followed up using the Ubuntu third party drivers installer and installed nvidia 358, also tried 361 and 364.  Same problems on all versions. No GLX extension and no nv-control.

MythFrontend loads with a black screen unless uysing the qt-painter.

Can anyone suggest how I should go about a complete purge of all things X, and what I should install again/in what order?

Or would a complete reinstall, saving my database be a better option (I also had trouble with the nv-control extension before the upgrade)?

 BR.

--Marius--