[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 3 Mythfrontend

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 21 18:52:05 UTC 2016

On 04/21/2016 09:28 AM, airdrummer wrote:
> Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
>> There is a fix in the latest builds (0.27 and 0.28) for a bug where it
>> was dropping some packets from the input, causing pixellation. This may
>> have also caused your hesitations
>>
> thanx, it does seem to play more smoothly, but now when exiting from
> livetv, it quits entirely:-\ dunno if it crashes...where would a
> coredump be? and nothing in the log
>         http://pastebin.com/dZcCjG2s
I cannot recreate this - Do you just start up, go to live TV, watch a
while, then escape and it dies? I have never seen this, I just tried it
again.

To get a coredump you need to set ulimit. Add this to your .profile so
that it runs every time before you start:

ulimit -c unlimited

> and on entering livetv (guide w/preview window) only the video preview
> is visible: the guide is black.
I just tested this, I do not see this happening. Please let me know
which theme you have installed so I can try it with the same theme.
> exiting (esc) reveals the guide; esc again goes to fullscreen video
> (offset up&left, as setting gui size to fit video to fullscreen makes
> the gui overscanned)-: esc again exits completely:-\
I tested this also - cannot see the problem. Perhaps if I try the same
theme as you.

Somebody else reported he had to enter the screen size on the Setup ->
Appearance to avoid everything being off-center. I also cannot recreate
that. Have you tried setting that?

Peter