[mythtv-users] MythTV connection from the internet

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Thu Apr 21 14:13:51 UTC 2016

On 04/20/2016 10:23 PM, Andréas Kühne wrote:

> <mailto:mattslists at gmail.com>>:
>
>     Hi Andreas,
>     I recently installed PLEX and I'm trying to work out where this
>     mythtv plugin that is spoken about everywhere is installed from. I
>     can't find it!!
>     Do you have any install steps? Myth & PLEX are on the same
>     machine, linux debian.
>

> Hi Matt,
>
> I THINK that it is this plugin I am using
> https://github.com/tschaumburg/MythRecordings.bundle. It has been a
> while since I installed it...

I used this plugin for a while and it worked well.  In one of the plex
recent updates, I couldn't get it to sync content to local devices (
requires plex pass ).

In recent versions of mythlink, they added the ability to create season
and episode data.  Now I just run: mythlink.pl --path /mythtv/plex/TV
--format "%T/%T - S%ssE%ep - %S"    to create a path in the format plex
expects.  Then just point plex to that directory as a TV Folder.

Michael