[mythtv-users] Network Tuners

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 03:02:36 UTC 2016

Hi mythtvers,
I've been running mythtv for long enough that I've a half dozen tuners of
varying quality. By far the most useful I've found are the silicondust
network tuners. I picked one up a while back in Australia they were
re-branded as Kaiser Baas units. I think mine cost me something like $120.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my mythtv backend and ideally I want to
move it away from the antenna points in my house. One more network tuner
would be very nice to have but for some reason everything I can find is 2
or 3 times the price of what I paid 5 or 6 years ago.

What is the current state of network tuners (in Australia) and basically,
what's the deal with the price increases?

Thanks
Matt