[mythtv-users] Gentoo 0.28 ebuild

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:40:12 UTC 2016

On 04/20/2016 07:02 AM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Rich,
>
> Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 1:58:48 PM, you wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 7:52 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't know if I am using it. I know it is there on pgrep, but my log
>>> goes to syslog as I use: --syslog local5. I guess it goes through
>>> mythlogserver.
>>>

>> It is pretty easy to find out.  Just run:
>> ps -ea | grep myth
>
> That's what pgrep does. Or pgrep -l if you want a name in stead of an
> ID returned.
>
>> mythlogserver is a standalone process and will show up if it is running.

mythlogserver times out if there's no logging activity, that's why I
suggest looking for the "Starting mythlogserver" in the logs. It would
appear at backend startup in syslog too. The same is true for most
mythPrograms. mythshutdown is one exception I can recall. This would
work:

     mythshutdown --verbose --loglevel debug --check

--
Bill