[mythtv-users] MythTV connection from the internet

Stephan Seitz stse+mythtv at fsing.rootsland.net
Wed Apr 20 11:42:08 UTC 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 09:27:39PM +1000, Anthony Giggins wrote:
>You'd probably have better results with a vpn connection also the myth

Maybe, but even then I need some kind of name resolution for IP/hostname.

>protocols & mysql are not secure and should not be opened to the internet

I know, that’s why the ports are only open for the external IP of my
client.

>or alternatively use a web based client, I really like the mobilemyth web
>client http://www.mobilemyth.net/ works seemlessly over a LAN or wifi, I

Doesn’t look like a well maintained project. Does this client streams
itself or is it using other programs like VLC or xine?

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse at fsing.rootsland.net |