[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 3 Mythfrontend

Brian Knapp knappster_1 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 20 01:01:44 UTC 2016

>Try the latest build from yesterday. It fixes a bug that was causing random pixellation.

I will try that next.

>Do you have an MPEG2 license? Check if it is enabled with vcgencmd codec_enabled MPG2

Yes, this is enabled.  I bought the license and enabled it pretty much at the beginning.

>Can you explain what "kind of sluggish" means. Is audio sync off? If audio sync is correct and it is not jerky or gaps in playback then I don't understand what you are seeing. You  could also test with or without the license and see if there is a difference.

I don't have a good way to describe it.  It's almost as if the framerate is fluctuating.  There are no skips, the video kind of hesitates and catches back up, but it seems too regular to simply be a memory/cpu issue.  I was thinking about this today and wonder if it could possibly be related to deinterlacing.  I am not sure if I was watching the same channel with the tarball build as I was with this one.  I will try to research this more as time allows and provide you with an update.

Brian