[mythtv-users] HVR-2250 Tuner Not Available

Barry Martin Barry_Martin_3 at Q.COM
Tue Apr 19 22:47:12 UTC 2016

Hi Curtis!

On 16-04-17 08:27 AM, Andrew wrote:
>>> <snip>
> I am running a 2250 card, and if I remember correctly I had issues
with
> failed recordings and unavailable tuners. In myth setup the default
max
> recording for the capture card was set to 2 and I changed it to 1 on
> "each card"
> I still have two tuners
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
> /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0
Are you recording from an analog source, or a digital source?

Digital -- remember the analog portion didn't have any support when I
created my first Mythbuntu Backend some 5+ years ago.  May have been
changed, but aren't any analog station locally.  ...The channel scan
does obtain most of the digital OTA stations -- that problem is probably
due to the test antenna I'm using.

The value of 2 (or higher) for the HVR2250 Capture card setting of "Max
simultaneous recordings" is to support digital multiplex recording.  It
only works with digital, not analog.  See:
Record multiple channels from one multiplex
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/record_multiple_channels_from_one_multiplex

Have it set for 1.

<Reading article> Ooo!!  The feature will be of definite interest when
we get things working properly.  One of the reasons for the additional
tuners was because of shows being back-to-back on the same network but
start/end early/late and so Show A ends up being recorded on Tuner 1 and
Show B on Tuner 2.  Get the HVR-2250 working, get MultiRec working...
<big smile!>