[mythtv-users] Gentoo 0.28 ebuild

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:49:06 UTC 2016

Hoi Rich,

> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 3:36 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> More then a year ago I fiddled with ebuilds.
>> - What again were the commands to create the manifest?

> ebuild xyz manifest or repoman manifest

>> - Does the PORTDIR_OVERLAY variable still work the same (after the
>>   changes to sync)?

> I think so.  I'd just edit in /usr/portage - it would get wiped out
> after another sync but that won't matter until you rebuild it.  By
> then I'll have it fixed one way or the other.

> --
> Rich

Two things.

- I notice now that as it seems since maybe 0.27.5 you changed
mythplugins from by default enabling none of the plugins to enabling
all. I see it suddenly wanting to add for me unneeded plugins like
mythzoneminder and mythgame and on checking on another frontend still
on 0.27.5 I see them installed accidentally.

- If I run emerge -pv on the changed ebuild I still see
mythlogserver%* in yellow among the keywords. The same as on another
machine with the original ebuild. I'm not sure what yellow here means?
I know blue is off, red is existing on and green new on.
As I read in man '*' means 'transistion to or from the enabled state'
and '%' means 'newly added or removed. I guess yellow is connected to
this last one. So as there is no '-' the flag is still on.
Did the removal of the line make it only do nothing with the flag or
should I set it to '-' or ...? This before I actually run the merge.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop