[mythtv-users] Gentoo 0.28 ebuild

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Tue Apr 19 16:08:05 UTC 2016

On 16/04/16 17:00, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 04/16/2016 07:21 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
>>
>> I'd suggest logging remains flexible. Existing logging, e.g. --syslog ...
>> and --logpath ...
>> works as before.
>
> So, I'd be interested in what the mythtv developer intent is here.  If
> they really want to ditch the logserver I'd prefer not to build it
> unless it is unavoidable (eg they're going to replace it with
> something else but haven't done this yet).

Building it is disabled by default in our configure,
you would have to manually enable it if you want it.

>> Depending on how /etc/systemd/journald.conf
>
> I'm mainly concerned with the non-systemd configuration here.
>
> I already have 0.28 logging to the journal in systemd, and you can of
> course reduce the verbosity or run it with --quiet, or direct your
> journal output elsewhere if you prefer.
>
> Right now I don't think openrc users have any viable logging options
> without the logserver, but I could be mistaken.

All the original logging methods still exist.
ie. syslog, to file(s)

The only real logging change is disabling the logserver
by default.

Personally i always use logging to files, because i'm running
both 0.28 and master in parallel to aid development.

Regards
Stuart Auchterlonie
MythTV Developer