[mythtv-users] Gentoo 0.28 ebuild

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Mon Apr 18 14:05:28 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 7:28 AM, Saul <jaglover at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 19:36:27 -0400
> Rich Freeman wrote:
>

>> If you post the output with -t I could probably tell you what it is.
>> -t doesn't change anything but the output - what you pasted into your
>> email was barely readable and didn't indicate what was related to
>> what.
>
> Thanks for looking into this. I put it into a pastebin for readability.
>
> https://bpaste.net/show/b9f98ccfaa00

Thanks - that is MUCH easier to read.  Here is how to interpret it.

The items on the very left of the output with -t are the things you
asked for.  The first line is mythtv as you can see.

If you look at the entries indented below it, which are the next 5
lines only, those are the only direct dependencies of mythtv that are
missing.  Unfortunately for you, they're all part of qt5, which is a
bit of a monster.

The rest of the listing are all qt5 dependencies.  Rather than have 15
layers of indentation the qt5 entries are re-listed as top-level
packages (with nomerge next to them, which means they're just repeated
for "clarity" but their installation is already covered by their first
appearance - when you see nomerge look around elsewhere and you'll see
what is pulling them in).

Many are related to ruby, which is apparently now required for qtwebkit.

I'm not sure if qtwebkit could be made optional by disabling
mythbrowser/etc, assuming mythtv even supports this.  If there is a
lot of interest I don't mind making that a USE flag.  However, on most
non-dedicated frontends I'd think that you'll probably end up with
qtwebkit installed one way or another at some point in time.

--
Rich