[mythtv-users] HVR-2250 Tuner Not Available

Barry Martin Barry_Martin_3 at Q.COM
Sun Apr 17 23:07:23 UTC 2016

Hi Andrew!

I BCC'd you as for some reason I have been having problems
posting/uploading to the Mailing List: kept getting rejected by one of
the mail daemons.

On Sat, 2016-04-16 at 12:42 -0600, Curtis Gedak wrote:
> On 16-04-16 11:37 AM, Barry Martin wrote:
> > <snip>
>
> I'm not exactly sure what has gone wrong with your installation.
>  I've
> build three PVRs with dual HVR-2250 (not 2255) cards and these have
> worked well for me.  I wrote a tutorial on how I did it.  Perhaps you
> might review the tutorial to see if there is a step you missed.
>
> Installing Mythbuntu 14.04.1 with MythTV 0.27
> http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-install-
> mythbuntu1404
>
> Curtis

I am running a 2250 card, and if I remember correctly I had issues with
failed recordings and unavailable tuners. In myth setup the default max
recording for the capture card was set to 2 and I changed it to 1 on
"each card"

I still have two tuners
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0

Right: here one half of the HVR2250 is adapter1/frontend0 and the other adapter2/frontend0 because the HVR-1600 was detected first (lower numbered slot?) and is assigned adapter0,frontend0.  ... .I was soooo hoping the developers/programmers would have made it more simple for us, or at least this dummy, by now.  I had (and still running) a Mythbuntu 10.10 system using two HVR-1600's and one HVR-2250 (so four tuners total).  Some difficulties but I think more of a problem with me not knowing Linux.

And yes, have corrected the '2' to a '1' on Page 2.  (Has to be done with the HVR-1600 also as one part analog and the other digital)  Also found the default of "EIT on" (however phrased) causes the HVR-1600 to be listed as 'buys' at the Frontend; knew to untick with the HVR-225.