[mythtv-users] Mythzmserver troubles after updating to .28

Kris Jensen kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 20:00:28 UTC 2016

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 5:25 AM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> On 14/04/16 23:58, Kris Jensen wrote:
>
>> I recreated the cameras as I had setup before, plus two more.
>> Mythzmserver still segfaults. However, if I set the function of the test
>> cameras to other then 'none' Mythzmserver well not segfault. And it also
>> seems that I can then set the camera function back to 'none' with out
>> Mythzmserver segfaulting.
>>
>> If it helps debugging I did run a gdb session with a Mythzmserver
>> segfault, info below.
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>

> OK thanks for the BT it confirms what I thought. I can prevent the
> segfault although some changes in ZoneMinder will still require restarting
> mythzmserver.
>
> When you recreated the camera's in ZoneMinder did you restart mythzmserver?
>
> mythzmserver has no way to know the camera layout has changed in
> ZoneMinder so when camera's are added/deleted it needs to be restarted so
> it will pick up the new changes.
>

> Paul H.

Paul,

I created the cameras ( in 'none' function) while mythzmserver was not
running. After I setup the test camera's I started mythzmserver and tested
a frontend, and mythzmserver segfaulted. I then started up mythzmserver
with gbd enabled to get the backtrace after the segfault. I then when in to
ZM and set all the test camera's function to 'monitor', started
mythzmserver and tested with a frontend. All ok. I then set the functions
of the camera's back to 'none' (did not restart mythzmserver) and tested a
front end. No segfault at that time.

Let me try and explain what I'm trying to do with ZM.

With ZM you can set/save and retrieve different running states. (other then
just start,restart and stop.) And with each different running state you can
change how each camera's functions, motion setting/sensitivity are set.
However in order to accomplish this You'll need to setup duplicate camera's
each with the different settings for each different running state.

Example: Lets say I have a two camera ZM setup. In the daytime I would like
to have ZM do 'MOCORD' with camera one and 'MODECT' with camera two. And
then in the night time I would like to have camera one do 'MODECT' and
camera two to do 'RECORD'. This will require that I set up two separate
running states and four cameras as such:

Name: Cam One (day), function set as 'MOCORD' and has its own zone
sensitivity settings.

Name: Cam Two (day), function set as 'MODECT' and has its own zone
sensitivity settings.

Name: Cam One (night), function set as 'NONE' with saved setting for night
time.

Name: Cam Two (night), function set as 'NONE' with saved setting for night
time.

I then save that as running state as 'DAYTIME' (on the ZM console web page
“running states”)

Then I set the cameras up as such for night time:

Name: Cam One (day), function set as 'NONE' with saved setting for daytime.

Name: Cam Two (day), function set as 'NONE' with saved setting for daytime.

Name: Cam One (night), function set as 'MODECT' and has its own zone
sensitivity settings.

Name: Cam Two (night), function set as 'RECORD' and has its own zone
sensitivity settings.

I then save that as running state as 'NIGHT TIME'

I then I should be able to setup a few cron job's to change ZM's running
state depending on the time of day.

Did any of that make sense?

Thanks again.

Kris.