[mythtv-users] missing database tables (weather)

Ryan Patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 18:08:16 UTC 2016

During my preparations for upgrading to mythtv 0.28, mythconverg_backup.pl
failed to produce a usable database backup.  It errors because table
mythconverg.weatherdatalayout is not present.

I'm not sure why the backup script is dependent on those tables.  I stopped
using mythweather a long time ago.  But I certainly didn't manually remove
the tables.

Running optimize_mythdb.pl does not show any errors or warnings.

But mysqlcheck complains about three missing tables:
weatherdatalayout
weatherscreens
weathersourcesettings

I recompiled mythplugins with mythweather enabled.  I hoped running
mythweather would create the missing tables.  But when I try and view or
configure mythweather the frontend logs tons of SQL errors because of the
missing tables.

Any suggestions for how I can fix this?