[mythtv-users] Unable to connect to the master backend at 192.168.1.100:6543 (16.04 & 0.28)

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 17:22:18 UTC 2016

On 04/17/2016 11:28 AM, Fred Hamilton wrote:
> I didn't notice any additional NIC info in this log.  I'm looking at
> /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log.  Is it possible the additional logging
> goes somewhere else?  I double-checked that the file I edited == the
> EnvironmentFile
> returned by the cat command == /etc/mythtv/additional.args
>
> Is the line immediately preceding the port 6543 activity a sign?
> ... W CoreContext mainserver.cpp:286 (MainServer) MainServer: Unable to
> find IPv4 address to bind

The log is great and the Warning plus this Critical point to the same
issue:

C CoreContext serverpool.cpp:269 (SelectDefaultListen) ServerPool: Host is configured to listen on 192.168.1.100, but address is not used on any
local network interfaces.

This debug may be the key: ... Adding BackendServerIP6 to address list
which is good, but there's no matching BackendServer (for IPv4) in the log.

If you're comfortable with SQL, then try this:

     SELECT * FROM settings WHERE value LIKE "%ServerIP%" ORDER BY hostname,value;

Expect to see something like this, and nothing more:

| MasterServerIP   | 192.168.1.100 | NULL         |
| BackendServerIP  | 192.168.1.100 | MythPC       |
| BackendServerIP6 | ::1           | MythPC       |

You probably have Listen On Link Local turned off or else there'd
be an entry that had your Ethernet interface's name, e.g. eth0, enp4s1 etc.

The last time I had one of these was from a stale remote backend entry.

Be sure to comment out the entry in additional.args (or you
can safely remove the file.)

--
Bill