[mythtv-users] Mythzmserver troubles after updating to .28

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 15:01:48 UTC 2016

> There is probably something in the web interface for that but we connect
> to ZM at a lower level using the shared memory like the various ZM
> daemons do and access the MySql DB for other info.
>
> It would be nice to detect changes in ZM and react to them but I'm not
> sure it's worth the effort. I think it rare for users to be continually
> adding and removing cameras like Jerome is and only requires restarting
> mythzmserver, the FE plugin should be smart enough to reconnect without
> problems.
>
> Paul H.

Mythzmserver is the killer feature for me and primary reason i still
keep mythfrontend around. I havent upgraded to version 0.28 yet but
while skimming the ChangeLog saw this:

[b89b764e] add a popup mini player to show live camera views
[7c26cd6d] add automatic popup notifications on alarms

Can we have a scheduler added as well so the alarms are displayed only
during a certain period? My cameras continue to generate alarms during
the day with people walking about. However, at night the house alarm is
turned on. It is during this period I want the notifications to be
turned on only.

Also, if this scheduler was visible via api and could be changed via
json that will be great as i could use this with my home automation
system (openhab).

Rajil