[mythtv-users] Mythzmserver troubles after updating to .28

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Apr 17 09:25:10 UTC 2016

On 14/04/16 23:58, Kris Jensen wrote:
> I recreated the cameras as I had setup before, plus two more.
> Mythzmserver still segfaults. However, if I set the function of the
> test cameras to other then 'none' Mythzmserver well not segfault. And
> it also seems that I can then set the camera function back to 'none'
> with out Mythzmserver segfaulting.
>
> If it helps debugging I did run a gdb session with a Mythzmserver
> segfault, info below.
>
> Thanks again.

OK thanks for the BT it confirms what I thought. I can prevent the
segfault although some changes in ZoneMinder will still require
restarting mythzmserver.

When you recreated the camera's in ZoneMinder did you restart mythzmserver?

mythzmserver has no way to know the camera layout has changed in
ZoneMinder so when camera's are added/deleted it needs to be restarted
so it will pick up the new changes.

Paul H.