[mythtv-users] HVR-2250 Tuner Not Available

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 18:42:11 UTC 2016

On 16-04-16 11:37 AM, Barry Martin wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Fairly a newbie at all this. Creating a new Backend/Frontend
> (combination) using Mythbuntu 14.04. (Mythfrontend version: fixes/0.27
> (v.0.27-193-g8ee257c).
>
> Motherboard is a NARRA5 with AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-core processor; 8 GB
> RAM.
>
> Combined Backend/Frontend (fix this problem and I'll get remote
> Frontends going!).
>
> <snip>
>
> Half-know the 'missing' tuners (2-4) are due to failed installation
> attempts

Yes, this is correct.  When I've wanted to get rid of these in the past
I went into the backend and "deleted all tuners" regardless of system.
This will give you a clean state to start with.

> FWIW the “HardInfo” utility states the HVR-2250 card is SAA7164 (rev 81)
>
> Have attempted to figure out what the problem is; Googling for “myth
> +tuner +'not available'” hasn't lead me to anything; those keywords here
> (search function) get ignored.
>
> <snip>

I'm not exactly sure what has gone wrong with your installation.  I've
build three PVRs with dual HVR-2250 (not 2255) cards and these have
worked well for me.  I wrote a tutorial on how I did it.  Perhaps you
might review the tutorial to see if there is a step you missed.

Installing Mythbuntu 14.04.1 with MythTV 0.27
http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-install-mythbuntu1404

Curtis