[mythtv-users] One remote frontend can access Artwork, the other can't.

Damian myth at surr.co.uk
Fri Apr 15 20:56:28 UTC 2016

Hi All,

This is a strange one.

Both of my remote frontend's can connect to the backend and play content
(TV and vidoe's).

However, one of them displays cover art for videos fine, the other one
doesn't seem able to display any!?

If I load the frontend from a terminal, and try to grab meta data for
individual videos (which I know I shouldn't need to do), I see lots of
messages like this in the terminal ...

MythCoreContext: Can't resolve hostname:'homeserver', using localhost

Any idea what could be causing this?

I've got the correct backend IP address in the frontend's setup. And
it's obviously connecting to the backend to in the important ways. It
just doesn't seem to be able to access the artwork storage groups. Or
maybe it's a different problem?

On the backend, running ..
sudo service mythtv-backend status
.. seems to indicate that everything is fine there. And I've tried
rebooting both machines.

Also, the frontend on the back end machine (3rd fronend) can also
display all of the arwork correctly.

All of the machines have a fresh Xubuntu 15.10 OS, and are running
Muthbuntu 0.27.

Where do I need to look next?

Thanks,
Damian