[mythtv-users] Font puzzle with v28.0-2 in lubuntu xenial (beta+)

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Apr 15 20:28:40 UTC 2016

I've just set up a box intended to be kubuntu based, but currently using
lubuntu, with MythCenter-wide.  It's looking OK, but on starting the
frontend it reports:

MythFontProperties: Failed to load 'Droid Sans', got 'DejaVu Sans' instead.

Another system, same Myth version string, with kubuntu trusty, doesn't
show this.

In January, in SL7, I saw similar confusion between an rpm version of
Droid Sans and the version in the Myth tarball, which included both
Droid and DejaVu.  The complaints stopped when I removed the rpm, but in
'buntu Myth has them both treated as dependencies.

FWIW the difference is small, but the g's are a giveaway.

John P