[mythtv-users] Mythzmserver troubles after updating to .28

Kris Jensen kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 22:58:46 UTC 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 6:35 PM, Paul Harrison <mythtv at sky.com> wrote:

> On 14/04/16 19:34, Kris Jensen wrote:
>

>> Hi Paul, and Thanks.
>>
>> I think I figured out what was causing the segfault with mythzmserver on
>> my system.
>>
>> A few days before updating Mythtv to .28, I was making changes to my
>> Zoneminder setup. I had added a few cameras. Duplicates of existing cameras
>> but it's functions marked as “none” for testing and exploring Zoneminder's
>> “state” settings for cameras. I removed the duplicate test cameras and
>> mythzmserver is back to working as before.
>>
>> I plan to set a few of my ZM cameras with a day/night state change. This
>> is going to require a duplicate of a few camera's, so I can change the
>> function's of the camera's from day to night.
>>
>> Question: Why did mythzmserver segfault with the duplicate camera's
>> w/function marked as none?
>>
>> Kris.
>>

> It looks like cameras that are set to None or possibly only ones that have
> the enabled setting set to off don't have any shared memory. mythzmserver
> assumes all cameras have the shared memory and tries to access it to get
> status information and pixel formats etc which is causing the segfault.
>
> Don't know if this is new behaviour in ZM 1.29.0, I'm still on 1.28.x, or
> it's simply a configuration that has never been tested before.
>
> I'll see if I can reproduce the problem and fix it.
>

> Paul H.

Paul,

I recreated the cameras as I had setup before, plus two more. Mythzmserver
still segfaults. However, if I set the function of the test cameras to
other then 'none' Mythzmserver well not segfault. And it also seems that I
can then set the camera function back to 'none' with out Mythzmserver
segfaulting.

If it helps debugging I did run a gdb session with a Mythzmserver segfault,
info below.

Thanks again.

--#Info#-

user at MythServer:~$ gdb mythzmserver

GNU gdb (Ubuntu 7.7.1-0ubuntu5~14.04.2) 7.7.1

License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"

and "show warranty" for details.

This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".

<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.

For help, type "help".

Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...

Reading symbols from mythzmserver...Reading symbols from
/usr/lib/debug/.build-id/61/ded661161c59bff89108b2d4d897ac4994e629.debug...done.

done.

(gdb) run -v -c /etc/zm/zm.conf

Starting program: /usr/bin/mythzmserver -v -c /etc/zm/zm.conf

Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".

ZM is version '1.29.0'

[New Thread 0x7ffff6681700 (LWP 24603)]

[Thread 0x7ffff6681700 (LWP 24603) exited]

Listening on port: 6548

Using server protocol version '11'

getZMSetting: ZM_SHM_KEY Result: 0x7a6d0000

Shared memory key is: 0x7a6d0000

getZMSetting: ZM_PATH_MAP Result: /dev/shm

Memory path directory is: /dev/shm

getZMSetting: ZM_EVENT_IMAGE_DIGITS Result: 5

Event file format is: %05d-capture.jpg

Analysis file format is: %05d-analyse.jpg

getZMSetting: ZM_USE_DEEP_STORAGE Result: 1

using deep storage directory structure

getZMSetting: ZM_CREATE_ANALYSIS_IMAGES Result: 1

using analysis images

Got 10 monitors

Failed to open mmap file [/dev/shm/zm.mmap.1] for monitor: 1 : Permission
denied

Falling back to the legacy shared memory method

Failed to shmget for monitor: 1

ENOENT - no segment exists for the given key

Failed to open mmap file [/dev/shm/zm.mmap.3] for monitor: 3 : Permission
denied

Falling back to the legacy shared memory method

Failed to shmget for monitor: 3

ENOENT - no segment exists for the given key

Failed to open mmap file [/dev/shm/zm.mmap.4] for monitor: 4 : Permission
denied

Falling back to the legacy shared memory method

Failed to shmget for monitor: 4

ENOENT - no segment exists for the given key

Failed to open mmap file [/dev/shm/zm.mmap.2] for monitor: 2 : Permission
denied

Falling back to the legacy shared memory method

Failed to shmget for monitor: 2

ENOENT - no segment exists for the given key

Failed to open mmap file [/dev/shm/zm.mmap.7] for monitor: 7 : Permission
denied

Falling back to the legacy shared memory method

Failed to shmget for monitor: 7

ENOENT - no segment exists for the given key

Failed to open mmap file [/dev/shm/zm.mmap.8] for monitor: 8 : Permission
denied

Falling back to the legacy shared memory method

Failed to shmget for monitor: 8

ENOENT - no segment exists for the given key

Failed to open mmap file [/dev/shm/zm.mmap.5] for monitor: 5 : Permission
denied

Falling back to the legacy shared memory method

Failed to shmget for monitor: 5

ENOENT - no segment exists for the given key

Failed to open mmap file [/dev/shm/zm.mmap.11] for monitor: 11 : Permission
denied

Falling back to the legacy shared memory method

Failed to shmget for monitor: 11

ENOENT - no segment exists for the given key

Failed to open mmap file [/dev/shm/zm.mmap.12] for monitor: 12 : Permission
denied

Falling back to the legacy shared memory method

Failed to shmget for monitor: 12

ENOENT - no segment exists for the given key

Failed to open mmap file [/dev/shm/zm.mmap.13] for monitor: 13 : No such
file or directory

Falling back to the legacy shared memory method

Failed to shmget for monitor: 13

ENOENT - no segment exists for the given key

new connection from 192.168.0.204 on socket 5

Processing: 'HELLO'

Processing: 'GET_MONITOR_LIST'

We have 10 monitors

id: 1

name: gararge

width: 640

height: 480

palette: 0

byte per pixel: 3

0x000000000040746e in MONITOR::getSubpixelOrder (this=0x21390b0) at
zmserver.cpp:414

414 zmserver.cpp: No such file or directory.

(gdb) bt

#0 0x000000000040746e in MONITOR::getSubpixelOrder (this=0x21390b0) at
zmserver.cpp:414

#1 0x000000000040f3dd in ZMServer::handleGetMonitorList (this=0x2138d50) at
zmserver.cpp:1496

#2 0x00000000004085f5 in ZMServer::processRequest (this=0x2138d50,

buf=0x7fffffffd520 "16 GET_MONITOR_LIST", nbytes=24) at zmserver.cpp:593

#3 0x0000000000403d00 in main (argc=4, argv=0x7fffffffe628) at main.cpp:357

(gdb)

--#End Info#-