[mythtv-users] Mythzmserver troubles after updating to .28

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Thu Apr 14 22:35:06 UTC 2016

On 14/04/16 19:34, Kris Jensen wrote:

> Hi Paul, and Thanks.
>
> I think I figured out what was causing the segfault with mythzmserver
> on my system.
>
> A few days before updating Mythtv to .28, I was making changes to my
> Zoneminder setup. I had added a few cameras. Duplicates of existing
> cameras but it's functions marked as “none” for testing and exploring
> Zoneminder's “state” settings for cameras. I removed the duplicate
> test cameras and mythzmserver is back to working as before.
>
> I plan to set a few of my ZM cameras with a day/night state change.
> This is going to require a duplicate of a few camera's, so I can
> change the function's of the camera's from day to night.
>
> Question: Why did mythzmserver segfault with the duplicate camera's
> w/function marked as none?
>
> Kris.

It looks like cameras that are set to None or possibly only ones that
have the enabled setting set to off don't have any shared memory.
mythzmserver assumes all cameras have the shared memory and tries to
access it to get status information and pixel formats etc which is
causing the segfault.

Don't know if this is new behaviour in ZM 1.29.0, I'm still on 1.28.x,
or it's simply a configuration that has never been tested before.

I'll see if I can reproduce the problem and fix it.

Paul H.